Re: [Scouter_T] Cub Scout Religious Emblem Program

  • Eric Crimmins
    Message 1 of 6 , May 5, 2009
      The final approval for the award on the scout uniform comes from the BSA religious relationships committee, so since that is the last stop its not a bad first stop either to get expectations.  The actual award and its criteria would be from the church or a committee of the church so that is another logical step, if the church wants to create / sponsor an award.  As mentioned Pray Publishing does serve as a clearinghouse for many of the larger awards so they may be a resource even if the church ultimately does not choose to use their services.  If it is not out of line do you know what religion they are a member of, there may already be an award either not yet approved or it may fall under the umbrella of God & Country and they are just not aware of it.  A member of our district committee, he's also my pack's COR, is on the national religious relationships committee.  We have a district meeting tonight, if he is there I'll try and get some
      additional info from him.

      Eric

      Eric J. Crimmins
      Webelos Den Leader, Pack 345
      Committee Member, Wood District
      Erie Shores Council
      “I used to be an Owl…”

    • tvcubtrainers
      Message 2 of 6 , May 8, 2009
        Thank you to everyone who helped on this. I have contacted PRAY and some of the others offline and am awaiting reponses. Just to clarify, the religion is Tenrikyo which is from Japan (you can find it on Wikipedia). I have done a fair amount of research and cannot find any existing program. If anyone has any other recommendations or suggestions, I would be happy to hear from you.

        Yours in scouting service,

        Phil Weiss