Re: [Scouter_T] New Training kits

  • Dave Loomis
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 15, 2001
      The dates I have heard are around 1 April, but.....April Fools!

      Having said that, Baloo, Intoduction to Outdoor Leader Skills, 33640,
      and Troop Committee Orientation, #33643 have been out for some time and
      are available at the supply center in NC. A new BSA Trainer 500
      Orientation which I believe will replace TTT is out on a CD, that
      someone in your council should have. It takes up about 17 Meg,
      including an Adobe publication, a Powerpoint presentation, and an Adobe
      reader.

      Having seen this course outline/syllabus, I'd like to see everything
      come out this way. 17 Meg barely occupies a thin rim around the outer
      surface of the disk. If we could get Cub, Boy Scout, Venturing, Common
      Orientation, and BSA 500 on the same disk for $15 - 20 we'd be in hog
      heaven. No more copying, scanning, or typing in great gobs of a
      training manual so it can be reproduced for the members of your training
      team. You can either copy the CD or move the pertinent material onto a
      Zip Disk.

      As far as the items needed to provide training go, that list is in each
      syllabus, BUT it will change shortly, so you might wait before
      regenerating it again. An abreviated list is also on the BSA T 500 DC,
      too.

      Dave

      Rod Smith wrote:

      > I just came from the Council office and was told that the new training kits
      > were being assembled at National and were expected to be delivered in the
      > March/April time frame. I don't know what all it will include, but it
      > suppose to be in a copier paper box size.
      >
      > Also, is there anyone out there that has an electronic list of the items
      > that should be in a Cub Scout Training Kit, Boy Scout Training Kit, Venture
      > Training Kit and any other Training kits? I can create one but if someone
      > has one, I would appreciate it.
      >
      > Rod Smith
      To reply, remove the word, "nospam" from my return address, or click
      on the mailto: address below

      Dave Loomis mailto:dloomis@...
      164 Tuttle Lane (603) 431 5342
      Greenland, NH 03840
      Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam
      possit materiari?