RE: [Scouter_T] What is online training?

  • Joe & Jennifer Woodwell
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 30 7:44 AM
      I look at it as a form of self-study. It's actually a super-set of
      self-study because it contains added features that insure all topics were
      reviewed by the learner, the learner was tested, and the learner passed with
      the minimum knowledge required.

      What's more is that if the learner fails a question, they are given
      immediate feedback which will enables her or him to understand the topic
      better, retry the question, and to pass the test.

      Joe Woodwell

      Longhorn Council - Flower Mound, TX

      _____

      Message 2 of 7 , May 1, 2009
        Yes, I have heard of that -- and it seems to be a good idea. But who will tell the Scout if he tied the knot correctly or not? Take it from an old sailor -- Trial and error is not the proper method when one is supporting himself on the end of a rope! ;-)

        We have a saying in the senior services -- "If you don't know how to tie the right knot, tie lots of 'em!"

        YiS

        John
        Captain John F. Whiteley, Ed.S.
        Director, Inland Waterways Academy
        Marshall Community and Technical College
        304-697-5616 (office)
        304-697-5611 (Fax)
        304-417-3321 (Huntington Cell)
        304-437-3321 (Cell)