Re: [Scouter_T] Re: shirts in or out

  • SeanWaiss@aol.com
    Message 1 of 21 , Apr 23, 2009
      Herb, I did the same after purchasing the new uniform. I did not include the Cub knots on it, not for the savings you noted, but because I thought the uniform should be more subdued and the Cub knots are anything but.

      That said, my youngest will be a new Cub next year and I will most likely end up being a Cub leader once again (hey, there's a new Pack Trainer Award knot I don't have yet!), but I will use one of my ODL uniforms for Cubbing until after NJ2010 since that event requires a couple more new uniforms for me. Afterwards I'll convert one of the Jambo shirts into a Cub shirt, and another into a District shirt, both with all earned knots included. But my Troop shirt(s) will remain subdued.

      Sean Waiss
      Southeast Wisconsin Council
      NJ2010 Troop 1025 2nd Asst SM

      From: "Herbert Dulzo" <jamboguy@...>

      Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 00:47:37
      To: <scouter_t@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: [Scouter_T] Re: shirts in or out

      I am thinking if we don't need to go by illustrations does that mean we can wear convertables with one leg on and one leg off? It doesn't say anywhere that we can't do that so does that mean we can?

      BTW
      when I purchased my new centennial uniform I elected to leave some of my knots off, actually a row of them. I elected to save money, not try my wife's patience sewing them and make my uniform a little less showy.
      Basically I think I eliminate all the Cub knots, I have little to do with the cub program. Anyone else do the same thing?

      Herb D.