3177Re: [Scouter_T] Help! I need a mother's poem for an Eagle Ceremony.

  • Nicholas Clark
    Apr 30, 2003
      This is a keeper. Thanks Dawn. nick

      Dawn Walters <fairelight51@...> wrote:Here is a poem based on the "Ballad of the Green Beret" . Ballad of an Eagle Scout By Mike Reichart Hiking Scouts go marching by,Cheerful boys who laugh and cry,Boys who mean just what they say,Make them Eagles all some day. Silver wings upon their chests,These are boys, America's best.One hundred boys will join the troop,But only three in the Eagle group. Trained to live off nature's land,Taught to build, and lend a hand,Boys who learn by nature's call,Courage from the Oath and Law. Silver wings upon their chests,These are boys, America's best,One hundred boys will join the troop,But only three on the Eagle group. Back at home a young mom waits,Her Scout is set to review his fate,He has just to pass this test,Leaving her this one request: Put silver wings on my son's chest,Make him one of America's best,He'll be a man they'll test him out,Have him be an Eagle Scout.

      Laura Kilby <kilbyl@...> wrote:

      Fortunately I'm not the one reading it, but the lady who has been asked to
      read it would like to see one ahead of time! *smiles* imagine that!

      Anyway, can y'all give me some direction?

      Thanks,

      Laura Kilby
      Wearing her T-133 Advancement Chair Hat

      Santa Fe Trail District, Training Chair