14867RE: [Scouter_T] Introduction To Outdoor Leader Skills

  • Mark Ellis
    Apr 6, 2014

      Ed, other members of the Unit Key 3  may not be able to fix his records using their my.scouting.org account for a variety of reasons if the problem is not missing training codes in his ScoutNET record.

      John, I can understand your frustration with ScoutNET.  As someone who has entered (and corrected) adult leader training records in ScoutNET, I’ve found those who are fully trained via “legacy” courses such as Scoutmastership Fundamentals or Boy Scout Leader Basic Training often do not show properly in ScoutNET as being fully trained.   For instance, these courses were converted to a trained date of 01/01/1911 when ScoutNET was created.  Training codes with dates of 01/01/1911 usually do not show the leader as being fully trained.

      Or the training code that the Council staff chose is inconsistent with your trained date.

      Or your ScoutNET record, to use a technical term, is “all hosed up” and even having the appropriate training courses entered into your ScoutNET still does not result in being shown as fully trained.  In my council, “legacy” trained leader records are often “hosed up” because the training codes were in the system before ScoutNET.  In that case, the appropriate technique is to write down a list of all of trained dates in ScoutNET, then delete them all, and then re-enter them in chronological order.

      Suggest calling your council registrar and asking them to take a look at your training record.

      If you want to e-mail me a list of what you can view via Training Validation using your BSA ID number, I’d be happy to give you my advice.

      Yours In Scouting,

      Mark Ellis

      Registrar, Leadership Training

      Aquia District

      National Capital Area Council

      (703) 376-4150

      From: Michael Crothers <dowrightbw@...>

      National has stopped the trail program.

      The results were such that national gave up requiring mandatory training.

      The results units with 20 registered scouters became at recharter time 5 registered members.

      People stop registering as a leader so they would not have to take training. They were probable still

      volunteering, just not taking the mandatory training.

    • Show all 90 messages in this topic