14859Re: [Scouter_T] Introduction To Outdoor Leader Skills

  • Dan Smith
    Apr 6 3:23 PM
      You are blaming the wrong entity for the lousy record keeping. The local council enters all of the training records. Make a good friend of your District Commissioner. With the new tools in my.scouting.org he can enter those records for you and solve that problem.

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Apr 6, 2014, at 5:58 PM, "Whiteley, John F" <whiteley@...> wrote:

      Dear Connie:

      Or National is just lousy at record keeping! My Troop just rechartered, and for the second year in a row we are listed as "Not a Quality Unit" because the Unit Leader (me) is untrained. Let's see -- Scoutmaster Fundamentals in1982, Wood Badge in1985, all the Scoutmaster basic training courses, including IOLS, again in 2010, Wood Badge in 2012 (again) and I sent copies of all my certificates to the Council last year. Now I have to do it again.

      National really has to get its act together. If we ran a business like this we would be out of business very soon (which may be the way National is heading).

      YiS

      John
      Scoutmaster (but officially untrained) Troop 74

      Captain  F. Whiteley, Ed.S., AMS, CCT
      Executive Director
      Workforce Solutions

      4200 Ohio River Road
      Huntington, WV, 25702
      Office: 304-697-5616
      Fax: 304-697-5611
      Huntington Cell: 304-417-3321
      Charleston Cell: 304-437-3321
      whiteley@...

      This electronic message contains information from Mountwest Community & Technical College which may be confidential or privileged and is intended to be for the use of the individual(s) named above.  If you are not the intended recipient, please be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the content is prohibited.  If you have received this electronic transmission in error, please notify the Mountwest Community & Technical College Office of Human Resources & Employee Development at (304) 696-3787.

      From: Michael Crothers <dowrightbw@...>

      National has stopped the trail program.

      The results were such that national gave up requiring mandatory training.

      The results units with 20 registered scouters became at recharter time 5 registered members.
      People stop registering as a leader so they would not have to take training. They were probable still
      volunteering, just not taking the mandatory training.

    • Show all 90 messages in this topic