      From: scouter_t@yahoogroups.com [mailto:scouter_t@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
      Of Dan Hammond, Sr.
      Sent: Thursday, May 03, 2012 2:33 PM
      To: Scout Trainer
      Subject: [Scouter_T] Re:Urban legends, Handling meds

      Aahhh. The old "let's take the required break from ADHD meds while Johnny is
      at Summer Camp" trick. Had it happen a couple of times. Never fun,
      especially when they don't let the leaders know their boy is ADHD and on
      meds in the first place. Johnny goes berserk and no one can figure out why
      until they have him packed up and ready to go home early.

      Re: Urban legends, Handling meds
      Posted by: "Connie Knie" cknie23100@...
      <mailto:cknie23100%40sbcglobal.net> connie_knie
      Date: Wed May 2, 2012 12:02 pm ((PDT))

      I guess what I really don't understand is the mentality of parents who just
      don't stop and think and do what is best for their children. And not just in
      scouting.......

      Connie

      --- On Tue, 5/1/12, A. Dukovic <artdukovic@...
      <mailto:artdukovic%40yahoo.com> > wrote:

      Thanks for getting back to me and yes, meds are always gonna be a problem
      for "volunteers"; as for your latter issue, if a youth needs his meds, but
      refuses, then it's time a parent gets involved and maybe attend events with
      the boy, something you CAN easily require.

      We've also run into parents that stop meds for some youth with ADHD issues,

      Daniel D. Hammond, Sr. MA(HRD), US Army (Ret)
      Leavenworth, KS, Fort Riley, KS
      Overtrained Scout Leader