          Posted by: "Connie Knie" cknie23100@... connie_knie
          Date: Wed May 2, 2012 12:02 pm ((PDT))

      I guess what I really don't understand is the mentality of parents who just don't stop and think and do what is best for their children. And not just in scouting.......

      Connie

      --- On Tue, 5/1/12, A. Dukovic <artdukovic@...> wrote:

      Thanks for getting back to me and yes, meds are always gonna be a problem for "volunteers"; as for your latter issue, if a youth needs his meds, but refuses, then it's time a parent gets involved and maybe attend events with the boy, something you CAN easily require.

      We've also run into parents that stop meds for some youth with ADHD issues,

      Daniel D. Hammond, Sr. MA(HRD), US Army (Ret)
      Leavenworth, KS, Fort Riley, KS
      Overtrained Scout Leader