12518Re: [Scouter_T] Re: Mandatory Training How is it Going?

  • Lisa Titus
    Jan 1, 2011
      On 01/01/2011 6:07 PM, mcquaidfam@... wrote:
      > Simply put:
      > Tiger Parents and Scout Parents do NOT pay registration fees. They are NOT subject to Background checks. They do NOT fill out adult applications. They are NOT required to take YPT.
      >
      > Honest. It is that easy. If you fill out an adult application for the position, you get a background check and have to submit proof of Youth Protection Training Completion. This includes Executive Board members, by the way.

      So Marian -- let me throw a wrench into the works.

      We've had a situation where the Tiger Partner was not the parent or
      legal guardian. We were told they had to complete a separate adult
      application. (not just the bottom of the Scout's app) While they do
      use the position code for Tiger Partner (AP?) and have to supply their
      social security number - do they get background checked? Are they
      still exempt from YPT?

      Lisa Titus
      CM Pack 358 http://www.pack358.us
      ASM Troop 459 http://www.troop459.us