12451Strictly Hypothetical YP Question

  • ChadCCooper
    Dec 3, 2010
      (really, this is only hypothetical...)

      I'm gearing up for a Den Chief training tomorrow and a question was suggested... What if a Cub Scout attempts to disclose abuse to a den chief? What advise/direction should we give to the den chief and adult leadership?

      My gut reaction was... The den chief should gently stop the discussion at the beginning and let the cub scout know that they need to go together to talk with the den leader. To me, this seemed obvious. But, I'm interested to hear if there are other opinions or if BSA has published something on this point.

      - Chad
      Chief Black Dog, Northern Star Council
      Apple Valley, MN
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic