10739Re: [Scouter_T] Re: Trainer's EDGE

  • Joe Woodwell
    Jul 29, 2009
      I don't think you're going wrong anywhere Judy. By all means, if you
      think TDC should continue to be taught, teach it. And more power to you
      and to your staff. I personally like the TDC material although some is
      admittedly 'long in the tooth'. You have the power and right to choose
      how to approach things as a council. I'm not saying you have to follow
      my way.

      However, after multiple conversations with the national council, I
      simply made a strategic decision to exclusively offer TE in my council.
      That decision has been well received and people who would ordinarily
      have gone to the TDC have had a great experience with TE. We have
      actually added to our training ranks with it unlike with TDC. As long as
      national tells me I'm in compliance and not violating policy, and
      actually encourages my direction, I'm fine with teaching the Trainers
      EDGE. However your council's needs may be different and if that means
      doing both TDC and TE, you should do what is needed.

      Joe Woodwell