      From: Judy Yeager <kcjscout@...>
      Subject: Re: [Scouter_T] Re: Trainer's EDGE
      To: scouter_t@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tuesday, July 28, 2009, 7:20 PM

      Ernie said, "While I am not on the national group responsible for the writing / re-writing of the Trainer's EDGE and other train-the-trainer syllabi, I do know members of the team. I have exchanged emails with the team and they have encouraged me to use the Trainer's EDGE as a replacement to TDC until the material is re-written. I like the Trainer's EDGE and I will follow this advice even if it is not (yet) the official position."

      and Joe said, "I have received the same message Ernie from Joe Glasscock at the national council and have instructed our district training chairs and all training staff to do likewise."

      It would appear from these messages that TDC is in the process of being re-written, but trainers are advised to use Trainer's EDGE in lieu of TDC until that happens. To me this is like saying, "We'll just teach Algebra II to everyone until Algebra I is rewritten." Where did I go wrong here?

      Judy Yeager