Allans

  • kate wilcox
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 30, 2000
      Following a recent trip to Scotland, we have found out that my husband's mother (JESSIE MERCER ALLAN) had three siblings: HUGH MERCER ALLAN, b 5/1/1903 in Newmilns, m. MARY GERTRUDE KELLY 2/7/1923 (when he was a Corporal in the Highland Light Infantry) in St Mary's Chapel, Maryhill, Glasgow, d 8/4/1944 in Glasgow; DAVID ROBERT ANDERSON ALLAN b 2/1/1905 in Fairlie, Largs and MARGARET MOTHERWELL ANDERSON ALLAN b 16/4/1907 in Fairlie, Largs. We know that Hugh and Margaret attended Perth Academy (dates of admission 9/10/1916 and 20/9/1920 respectively). We believe that David and Margaret emigrated to New Zealand and Canada. This is as much as we have been able to find out. Can anyone suggest how we might find out more about David and Margaret ? We would be really grateful. The parents were JANE CAMPBELL ALLAN ( ms ANDERSON) b 3/3/1877, d 24/12/1914 and HUGH ALLAN b 28/3/1875, d 14/11/1935 who was Headteacher at Auchtergaven School in Bankfoot from 1913-1924.

      Thanks,

      Kate Wilcox & Hugh Davies