[scots-origins] Re: Researching WYNESS, ANDERSON, MILNE, GIBB, WATSON, ROSS

  • Dian Maney
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 1, 1999
      Dorothy,

      I too am researching WYNESS/WYNASS - I have John WYNESS born c1770 who
      married 1800 in Belhevie, ABD to Anne STUDDART with issue including Ann
      1805. I also have MILNE marrying into my GORDON/MURRIAN lines from
      Aberdeen. I also have BEGG, COUTTS and LAING from Aberdeen.

      Dian
      in Perth, West Oz

      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 16, 1999
        From: Henry Laing - doc@...
        Hi everyone. Just joined today,looking for an active group. Looks like
        I found one.
        I'm looking for info on the origins of John Laing b.1646 and Margaret
        Chapman b1650 of Craigforth, Kinkell, Aberdeen Co.(Aberdeenshire?),
        Scotland. Haven't ordered any records from Scotland yet. Has anyone
        seen these names in your research?

        Thanx
      • Lily McCracken
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 16, 1999
          Henry,
          i have Laing in my family my Dad's mum was Agnes Laing from East Calder.
          Dad was born in 1891 any help?

          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 29, 1999
            Lily and Henry,

            I have both LAINGs and WYNESS/WYNNAS. George LAING (1791 - 1844) married
            1806 Foveran, Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire, Ann WYNESS (1805 - 1903) .

            Other names in this line are BEG; ARGO; SIMPSON; STUDDARD;BEGG; CHALMERS;
            YOUNG;LEITH; BEINGE.
            All in the Aberdeen areas.

            Any connections?

            Dian
            in Perth, West Oz

            --- Researching WYNESS, ANDERSON, MILNE, GIBB,
            WA

            Henry,
            i have Laing in my family my Dad's mum was Agnes Laing from East Calder.
            Dad was born in 1891 any help?
            -
          • Elbridge W. Smith
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 5, 2003
              --- In scots-origins@yahoogroups.com, doc@d... wrote:
              > From: Henry Laing - doc@d...
              > Hi everyone. Just joined today,looking for an active group. Looks
              like
              > I found one.
              > I'm looking for info on the origins of John Laing b.1646 and
              Margaret
              > Chapman b1650 of Craigforth, Kinkell, Aberdeen Co.(Aberdeenshire?),
              > Scotland. Haven't ordered any records from Scotland yet. Has anyone
              > seen these names in your research?
              >
              > Thanx

              This may be the one we are looking at, who settled in New Jersey in
              the 1600's. Did you find more?