Re: [scots-origins] 1851 Census

  • Eileen@j51.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 3, 2000
      Liz:

      It's back on-line!!

      Eileen

      > Eileen - here it is; http://w3g.med.uni-giessen.de/CGB/genetxt/
      >
      > I haven't been able to access it all this week, let me know if you get in
      please.

      > Slainte!
      > Liz
      >
      > "Eileen@..." wrote:
      >
      > > Liz:
      > >
      > > Did you access the files at the same German site as last time? May I
      have
      > > the URL?
      > > Eileen
    • David Matthew
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 11 2:42 PM
        > I have seen several postings lately about a set of CDs covering this
        census
        > and available from the LDS shops.

        Does anyone know about this?, is it a full listing?.
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 15 6:01 AM
          Hello List -

          I am posting the link to an american search site that will do one free
          lookup per day. They have recently obtained a copy of the UK 1851 Census.

          Ancestral Findings at http://www.ancestralfindings.com

          Once you've sent them your request, you will generally receive a return
          message from them stating they have received it, and that it may take up to
          10 day's for a reply. They never go "that extra mile" and will search only
          one specific name. I have yet to receive a response from my first request,
          so I do not know exactly how they will present the information to you. Make
          sure you remember what you requested, as the acknowledgment message will not
          detail what you are searching (just in case it is not found, or you request
          them on a daily basis). They will return your request if they've received
          more than one in 24 hours from your e-mail address (so I have several that I
          request from !)

          Good luck

          Carolyn
          Michigan