Re: [scots-origins] 1881 census loookups available

  • Iain Ramsay
    Message 1 of 25 , Jun 20, 2000
      Hi Pat,

      You may have your details now. However I have been looking at my old
      emails and supply the following info for your consideration.

      Dwelling: 26 Cornwall Street
      Census Place: Govan, Lanark, Scotland
      Source: FHL Film 0203685 GRO Ref Volume 646-1 EnumDist 21 Page
      7
      Marr Age Sex Birthplace
      John YOUNG M 31 M Linlithgow, Scotland
      Rel: Head
      Occ: Joiner Emplg 1 Man 1 Boy
      Mary Ann YOUNG M 28 F Fortrose, Ross and Cromarty, Scotland
      Rel: Wife
      Margaret YOUNG U 4 F Govan, Lanark, Scotland
      Rel: Daur
      Donald MC LEOD U 12 M Cromarty
      Rel: Brother In Law
      Occ: Scholar
      James YOUNG U 32 M Linlithgow, Scotland
      Rel: Boarder
      Occ: Ironmongers Storeman

      Regards,

      Iain A Ramsay
      innellan@...
    • Begg Family
      Message 2 of 25 , Jul 4, 2000
        Listing my Begg names for possible relatives out there.
        MARTIN BEGG born about 1766 in Scotland married EUPHEMIA SPENCE
        GEORGE BEGG born 27 July 1791 in Inveresk Scotland married EUPHEMIA
        CUNNINGHAM brought their family to Australia
        JOHN TAYLOR BEGG born 6 October 1827 married ROSELLA LOUISA KIMMINS in
        Australia
        GEORGE BEGG born 1862 married MARGARET JANE ROBSON in Australia
        REGINALD MARTIN BEGG born 24 April 1895 married BEATRICE LINDSAY HAMILTON in
        Maitland, Australia
        GEORGE HAMILTON BEGG born 1 February 1924 married GWEN OLIVE SAMS in
        Maitland, Australia

        Any relatives or knowledge of these families would be very welcome.

        Lynette Begg (on behalf of George Hamilton Begg)
      • alechmitchell@btinternet.com
        Message 3 of 25 , Nov 8, 2001
          I happened upon this rather old request while browsing!

          This Joseph St Quintin is my wife's gggfa. If you still have an
          interest I have other information that may be helpful e.g. there was
          another daughter (my wife's ggmo) who was already married at the time
          of the 1881 census.

          In return I would be very interested in any info from your end. I
          lost all trace of him after 1891 apart from the family tale that he
          emigrated to Canada in the 1890s.

          --- In scots-origins@y..., "Carol and Al Wright" <cricket56@h...>