[scots-origins] Re: Place nemes Kilmaurs and Fossey 1881 census

  • gordon simpson
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 31 10:39 AM
      Hi there Joseph:

      Kilmaurs is a town and parish in Cunningham District , Ayrshire according to the 1882 Gazetteer of Scotland. It
      is 2 miles north north west of Kilmarnock.

      There is a Kilmore Parish in Argyleshire which contains the town of Oban, and is about 6.5 miles in diameter.

      There was an ancient parish of Kilmore on the Island of Mull.By 1882 it had been united with Kilninian parish.
      This covered the northern part of the island including the town of Tobermory. THere are several churches in the
      parish.

      I was unable to find Fossey in the Gazetteer. Perhaps someone in Scotland will help you

      Regards Gordon
      Canada