[scots-origins] Re Perthshire Research Scrimgeour

  • Ian Scrimgeour
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 30, 1999
      "kay liney" <ka-@...> wrote:
      original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/scots-origins/?start=2004
      > I have watched and waited since the group started, but so far haven't
      > seen any connections to my families. As this is such a large, active
      > group I'll throw my interests into the pool and see what happens!
      Most,
      > if not all, of my forebears came from Perthshire, Camerons, Menzies,
      > McIntosh, McDonalds, McFarlanes and Scrimgeours from Parish of Dull,
      > McDougalls, McDiarmids, McDonalds, McFarlanes from Glenlyon, Parish of
      > Fortingall and Mallochs and McPhersons from Kenmore and Killin
      Parishes.
      > I have done a lot of research in A K Bell Library in Perth, Register
      > House, Perth Registrars and Scots Origins
      > Kay
      >Kay
      I have been doing research on my family Scrimgeour
      but the name Cameron and McFarlanes also occu.
      a couple of items from Origins seem appropriate
      OPR C M 1 OCT 1810 SCRIMGEOR JOHN SCRIMGEOR JOHN SCRIMGEOR ANN DULL

      OPR M F 12 FEB 1804 SCRIMGEOR ANN SCRIMGEOR JOHN DULL
      If we can collaborate please contact me
      Ian Scrimgeour
    • Frank McGonigal
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 30, 1999
        Hi Ian
        I know an Ian Scrimgeour in Toronto Canada,are you related?
        bankie@...

        Frank McGonigal Ont.Canada
        Researching,
        MCGONIGAL,Dundee,Glasgow-
        MCCOLL,Mull & East Kilbride
        DEWAR, CHALMERS, Lothians & East Kilbride.
        LAWSON,BAIRD,East Kilbride.
        NIVEN,Glasgow & Co.Derry.
        GORRY ,KEENAGHAN, Dundee & Co. Westmeath.
        MCGARVEY,QUINN, Co.Donegal