Looking for info on Frederica Locher, Aberdeen, Scotland

  • Kim McCrea
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 16, 2013
      Hello,

      I have had much difficulty finding a great grandmother, Frederica Locher, probably born around 1885, Aberdeen, Scotland.  No record in the U.S. after 1905; don't know if she died or just abandoned family of Frederick Schwartz (Schwarz) NYC.  Her daughter was  my grandmother, Edna Schwarz Wyatt, 1902, NYC and Mt. Vernon, NY, U.S.

      If you have any leads to Frederica Locher for Aberdeen, I would be greatly appreciative.

      Thank you,

      Kim C. Wyatt-McCrea
    • Robert Carswell
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 17, 2013

        I have had much difficulty finding a great grandmother, Frederica Locher, probably born around 1885, Aberdeen, Scotland.  No record in the U.S. after 1905; don't know if she died or just abandoned family of Frederick Schwartz (Schwarz) NYC.  Her daughter was  my grandmother, Edna Schwarz Wyatt, 1902, NYC and Mt. Vernon, NY, U.S.

        If you have any leads to Frederica Locher for Aberdeen, I would be greatly appreciative.

        Thank you,

        Kim C. Wyatt-McCrea    Hi Kim , are you looking for Frederica in  Aberdeen Scotland or in New York. . Once that is established I may have some suggestions. Regards bob Carswell

      • Kim McCrea
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 18, 2013
          Robert, was there a message associated to your reply?  It did not appear in email post.

          Kim

          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 18, 2013

            Hello, Kim -

            Regarding the mother of Edna Schwarz, wife of Frederic Schwarz, the Fredericka Locher Schwarz you are seeking information on . . .

            I assume you have found the 1910 US census record for Frederic Schwarz, age 41, and family, with 8-year old Edna and her older siblings, Adeline, age 12; Frederic, age 10; and Walter, age 5; living at North Bergen Township, Hudson County, New Jersey. If that record is for your Schwarz family, father Frederic is listed as a widower.

            If the family I have listed above is not the family of your Edna Schwarz and her father, it may help to know the names of her brothers and sisters, if she had any, and if you know.

            Best wishes -

            Jean E. DeLauche

            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 18, 2013

               Hello, again, Kim -

              I found a 1910 census record for Frederick (spelled that way) and his wife Frederica (spelled that way) Scwartz (spelled that way) living in New York City, with daughter Adeline, age 2. In that record, Frederica's birth date is given as May 1874 and it indicates she was born in New York (state), with her parents having been born in Germany.

              So, if your Edna had siblings and she had no sister named Adeline, it will help to know the names and estimated birth years of her siblings.

              Best wishes -

              Jean E. DeLauche

              --- In scots-origins@yahoogroups.com, <scots-origins@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

              Hello,

              I have had much difficulty finding a great grandmother, Frederica Locher, probably born around 1885, Aberdeen, Scotland.  No record in the U.S. after 1905; don't know if she died or just abandoned family of Frederick Schwartz (Schwarz) NYC.  Her daughter was  my grandmother, Edna Schwarz Wyatt, 1902, NYC and Mt. Vernon, NY, U.S.

              If you have any leads to Frederica Locher for Aberdeen, I would be greatly appreciative.

              Thank you,

              Kim C. Wyatt-McCrea
            • johnrb2012
              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 19, 2013
                https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/F636-NM2  have you seen this before? there is mention of a frederica Locher married Frederick L Schwartz in NY 27 feb1897
              • bowers94@btinternet.com
                Message 7 of 9 , Sep 19, 2013
                  https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/F636-NM2

                  this details marriage of Frederick L Schwartz to Frederica Locher in new york 1897 feb 27th have you seen it before?

                  Message 8 of 9 , Oct 3, 2013
                    Jean, this is my family.  Now, I need to do some sleuthing because no relative living know where he or she is buried.  Thanks for the help.

                    Message 9 of 9 , Oct 3, 2013
                      Jean, that is my family.  However, I believe the census is incorrectly recorded.  My grandmother, Edna, passed down info that her mother was from Aberdeen, but we have absolutely no records.  I will have get birth certificate or registry on Edna, then.

                      Thanks,