Re: [scots-origins] Jacobite records

  • Bernard Charles Butcher
    Message 1 of 62 , Jun 4, 2013
      THEY ARE CERTAINLY NOT

      -----Original Message-----
      From: jennbill <jennbill@...>
      To: scots-origins <scots-origins@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Tue, Jun 4, 2013 6:34 pm
      Subject: Re: Re: [scots-origins] Jacobite records

      Interested to know how they are descendants of the 10 tribes of Israel.

      Jennifer Bisset Agar

      Jun 4, 2013 06:25:27 AM, scots-origins@yahoogroups.com wrote:

      i WOULD LIKE TO KNOW MORE ON THE HISTORY, CULTURE AND THE ANCIENT LANGUAGE
      OF THE JACOBJacobiteITES....... I DO KNOW THEY WERE DECENDENTS OF THE 10
      TRIBES OF ISREAL.

      ALLEN CLARK

      On Wed, May 29, 2013 at 2:00 PM, John McIntosh wrote:
      Steal.

      > I know a lot about the Jacobites, but no specifics on the disposition of
      > their prisoners. What are you looking for?
      >
      > John
      >
      > On May 29, 2013, at 10:23 AM, Allen Clark wrote:
      >
      > > I would like to know more about the Jacobites as well
      > >
      > > Allan Clark
      > >
      > > On Wed, May 29, 2013 at 10:49 AM, jwmcintosh wrote:
      > >
      > > > **
      > > >

      > > > Two different Jacobite prisoners named John McIntosh were transported
      > > > South Carolina in 1716. I'd like to find out more about the Jacobite
      > side
      > > > of these transportations, but have no idea where to look.
      > > >
      > > > Does anyone have suggestions?
      > > >
      > > > John

    • Beverly Magel
      Message 62 of 62 , Jun 13, 2013
        Helen,
        I've been to Canonbie a couple times also ... a long journey from Seattle, Washington USA!
        Greenburn isn't on the main road between Canonbie and Langholm. It is via Claygate on a more rural road that ends at Langholm.

        Mind you Claygate isn't anything but a couple wee homes but Greenburn farm is just past Claygate.

        Pretty countryside.

        On a trip with my daughter we were wandering about in that area and came across beautiful pheasants in a clearing ... obviously the farmer had a "feeding box" set out for them. One of those little moments in a trip that hang around in one's memory.

        I have always wondered how this particular family made it through the turmoil years when the Armstrong's were "out of grace" so to speak. There were a couple marriages with Scott women and perhaps that tie to the Scott family helped ... so many questions and the tenants records were lost in a fire at the Duke's offices. Oh well - better records in the UK & Europe than in the west of the USA during similar time periods.

        Enjoy your research ... and of course there is a probability we could indeed be cousins!

        Bev