Re: Finding: Drimdrisaig

  • David
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 11, 2012
      I am about to stay for two days at the Kiberry Inn to locate what remains I can of family and there dwellings. They are in the 1861 census as Archibald McTaggart married to Isabella McMillan in Drimdrisaig South Knapdale. This was McMillan territory in the old days but by this time all the estates were in the hands of Cambells.
      On the Ordnance Survey maps it is usuallt spelled Druimdrisaig. In the 19th century it has considerable poverty.
      David