Re: [scots-origins] Re: Cambusnethan circ: 1870 & Govanhill

    Message 1 of 3 , May 28 6:03 PM
      On 26/05/2012 12:12 PM, jordanandjulian wrote:

      > WAS THIS SENT IN BY GEORGE FERGUSON ?IF SO PLEASE CONTACT ..'''ANGELA'FROM 'BATSON STREET

      I am unrelated BUT the address is near that of my wife's
      ancestry. Her maiden name MARY LOUISE FERGUSON bn Sydney
      NSW 1934.

      >> Govanhill is a district in Glasgow south of the River Clyde and the Barony of
      >> Gorbals.
      >> It became part of the City in 1891 and was originally named No Man's Land but
      >> was renamed as Govanhill. Govanhill Street lies off Cathcart Road between
      >> that road and Pollokshaws Road.

      Mary and I visited family addresses in Govan, when visiting
      in 1990. The relevant streets were 15 Glebe Buildings Govan,
      134 Harmony Rd Govan and
      6 Carmichael St Govan. Mary's immigrant family settled in VIC.

      Bye,

      ALISTAIR acameron@...