Re: [scots-origins] bathfield

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 4, 2011
      Hi

      I have looked at the Marriage entry for James Hosier and Emma Bathfield
      who was the widow of James B Schaw. That entry shows her father was William
      Henry Bathfield and her mother was named Elizabeth but no maiden name is
      recorded on the entry.

      The entry confirms that Emma was a widow and shows she married as Emma
      Schaw. James Hosie was aged 51 and the Manager of Forth Iron Works and resided
      in Dunfermline. Emma was aged 45 and resided at Headswood Cottage, Denny
      where the marriage took place after Banns according to the Forms of the
      Church of Scotland. The marriage took place on 29th July 1862 and was registered
      at Denny on 30th July 1862

      The record for Emma's death shows she died 5 Caulton Terrace, Maryhill,
      Glasgow and both of her parents were deceased. However, only her father's
      surname is stated and only her mother's given name.

      IACS