Re: William and Janet Campbell (ms Campbell)- Renfrew

  • n
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 22, 2011
      My name is Nelson McClinton and my mother is a Campbell. I live in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.

      This will sound fairly remote: in Ontario,Canada we have a Renfrew Ontario and a village (Admaston) nearby that has and had many Campbell's. My Grandfather was Bertie Eric Campbell (1880-1950) His father (my great-grandfather) began I believe in Canada in a town called Restico (8 hours north of Ottawa, Ontario where I live)- he was a one-man town post-master, etc. My grand-father owned about 1,000 acres and has a road called "Campbell-line-Road named after the family (road still exists and remains farmland)...my grandfather then moved to Alberta Canada - where my mother (Bertie Jean Campbell) was born (1920). Most of them left for British Columbia (where I was born (1949))I am a musician/teacher and moved from Vancouver British Columbia to Ottawa Ontario (Canada) in 1972 where I joined the Royal Canadian Mounted Police Concert Band as a saxophone/flute musician.

      I have heard that my great-grandfather's first wife died after having several children and then he remarried and had more children - some disagree. but I have not researched any of this.
      nmcclinton@...