Re: [scots-origins] Re: Drumsaighna Castle - Clyde Valley
- Written in Groome's Ordnance Gazetteer published in 1883 :
Drumsagard or Drumsharg , an ancient Barony in Cambuslang Parish
Lanarkshire . Comprising nearly two thirds of the Parish ot belonged successively to
the Oliphants , Murrays , Douglasses and Hamiltons , and changed its name
in the 17th century to Cambyuslang . Its staely castle , crowning a round
flat - topped mound , 20 feet high , 1 and 3/4 miles ESE of Cambuslng church
, has left scarcely a vestige .
Interesting reference to Perthshire Jacobite families - the Oliphants of
Gask and the Murrays .
Col from Crieff
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]