Hamilton Bell family lineage

  • Samuel Bell
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 29 2:14 PM
      I am an American Bell searching for my Scottish family lineage. I have
      traced my roots with supporting historical documents back, at least, to
      Elijah Hamilton Bell, who was living in Georgia during the American Civil
      War. Some of what I've found beyond him seems to link us to Col. Ninian
      Beall, who came to the colonies from Largo, Fifeshire,(via Ireland and
      Barbados), in the mid to late 1600s. What seems to contradict this is the
      recurrence of the Hamilton name among my known ancestors. That association
      would seem to tie us to the Bells down on the former West March-Dumfries, in
      particular. I've found there is a college there where the two names are tied
      together.
      I would be very grateful for any information that could lead to verifiable
      ancestors.
      -Samuel Bart Bell

    • Allan C
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 31 10:54 AM
        http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi

        --- In scots-origins@yahoogroups.com, Samuel Bell <bartbell435@...> wrote:

        > I am an American Bell searching for my Scottish family lineage. I have
        > traced my roots with supporting historical documents back, at least, to
        > Elijah Hamilton Bell, who was living in Georgia during the American Civil
        > War. Some of what I've found beyond him seems to link us to Col. Ninian
        > Beall, who came to the colonies from Largo, Fifeshire,(via Ireland and
        > Barbados), in the mid to late 1600s. What seems to contradict this is the
        > recurrence of the Hamilton name among my known ancestors. That association
        > would seem to tie us to the Bells down on the former West March-Dumfries, in
        > particular. I've found there is a college there where the two names are tied
        > together.
        > I would be very grateful for any information that could lead to verifiable
        > ancestors.
        > -Samuel Bart Bell

      • John Rigali
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 31 12:57 PM
          Samuel, is this your Elijah?

          http://www.familysearch.org/eng/search/af/individual_record.asp?recid=338197
          85

          Also, here's a record for Col. Ninian Beall:

          http://www.familysearch.org/eng/search/af/individual_record.asp?recid=157766
          6

          John

          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 9, 2011
            I don't believe that's my Elijah. The location is close, but the date is
            wrong. My Elijah may be this one's father or uncle. Thanks for the tip,
            though.
            -Samuel Bart Bell