Search for Birth and Marriage data

  • Andrew D
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 6, 2010
      My ancestor, James Christie, is included in the census of Scotland, 1851, as living in Partick, Govan, Lanarkshire, with his wife, Janet, and three children: Charlotte, Robert and Jean. Yet we have not been able to find any record of his marriage nor an record of the birth of his children. There is reason to believe that they belonged to the United Presbyterian Church at a later date. Did that church have records and if so, where could they be found?