Re: [scots-origins] lost surname Millondice

  • Terry Delany
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 30 5:49 AM
      In trying to reply to the great answer (and research) I seemed to have zapped it into oblivian. But I wanted to thank you for doing that research. IN the list of Millondice surnames you found does it give first names? Was their a Jeannette? I also think it is worth doing more research to see if this John is the correct one with parents Robert. Thank you so much. Terry Delany

      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 3, 2010
        Hi Terry

        Are you sure it's Millondice???
        Not Allerdyce or some other surname that may have been difficult to read or mis-transcribed?

        Just my tuppensworth.

        David Innes

        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 3, 2010
          Bob: I looked in Dr. Black's book it is NOT listed.

          Gordon Crooks

          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 3, 2010
            Great suggestion...I got the name of a genealogy chart that was done in the sixties with no references ....I've been able to check out 90 percent of the chart (with hundreds and hundreds of names on it) and it has been 98 percent accurate but this was one of the first names that went the furthest back and to Scotland (the names from Quebec I have been able to verify and the LIndsay name from London and Scotland I have verified...it is just the Melvin and 'Millondice' names that I am now trying to research. What about Melvin....how could it have been miss spelled? I really appreciate all the suggestions and help. Terry Delany

            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 4, 2010
              Terry,
              Have you considered the surname MILLON, with a poss. that Jeanette came from DYCE.
              It could be a mistype....you said it was from an old Family Tree!!!
              Just a thought.
              Adele