Information on McCord family history

  • arboracre
    Message 1 of 2 , May 13, 2010
      I am searching for information on Rose Ann McCord
      I know very little about the woman, but she was my great great grandmother. She married a Ward. Her only son was Ruben ward who at one time lived in San Jose, California. His children were Lester, John and Clyde Ward. A daughter of Ruben, Lila, died in her early twenties and is buried in Chester, Montana.
    • Gordon Crooks@verizon.net
      Message 2 of 2 , May 21, 2010
        Were did your McCord's originally settle ? There was a McCord's Fort in Franklin Co., Pa. durinmg the French & Indian Wars 1755-1758. It was probably like most of the other so-called forts, merely a fortfied log/stone house and perhaps fenced in to protect the settlers living near by. When the alarm was sounded that Indians were in the area , the women folk and children went to the fort for protection while the menfolk gathered to fight the Indians and drive them away.

        Gordon Crooks