Re: [scots-origins] Blaney Family

  • ScotHeritage@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 11, 2010
      In a message dated 4/9/2010 8:16:48 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
      acameron@... writes:

      Verland Blaney wrote:

      > I am hoping someone can help me find my husband's great-grandparents.
      Peter Blaney was born in 1824 in Scotland, was married to Anna, also born in
      Scotland. I can find them in the 1880 U S Census Records. To go forward
      with my Blaney research, some new info would be greatly appreciated.
      > If anyone can help, that would be wonderful.

      You may not have a sufficient definition to allow the
      correct ancestry to be found! Priority in my opinion, is to
      find Peter's death and marriage record. You may also see
      clues if he's found in the UK Census entries.

      In 1824 most folk could not write/ least of all SPELL. So be
      willing to try alternative spellings. Example: note this
      Index ref:

      > BLAIN, Peter Bir 1827 Scot Wigt Leswal
      > Fa: John BLAIN
      > Mo: Sarah LOGAN

      Pasted from Brit Isles Vital Records Index v.2

      Cheers,

      ALISTAIR