Re: [scots-origins] Re: Alexander / Black/Clark/Weir

  • Ferguson, Isobel
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 13, 2009
      We have Barbara Clark who had a son called Alexander Clark and he was born at Alticry Farm near Port William

      Isobel Ferguson,

      On 25 February 2009, the University launched its new name, Edinburgh Napier University.

      For more information please visit our website.

      Edinburgh Napier University is one of the top 10 universities in the UK for graduate employability (HESA 2009)

      This message is intended for the addressee(s) only and should not be read, copied or disclosed to anyone else out-with the University without the permission of the sender.
      It is your responsibility to ensure that this message and any attachments are scanned for viruses or other defects. Edinburgh Napier University does not accept liability for any loss or damage which may result from this email or any attachment, or for errors or omissions arising after it was sent. Email is not a secure medium. Email entering the University's system is subject to routine monitoring and filtering by the University.

      Edinburgh Napier University is a registered Scottish charity. Registration number SC018373

    • Gordon Crooks@verizon.net
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 13, 2009
        Allen: I can't give you a postive answer to your question, but looking at your surnames they are to be found in a wide area if N. Ireland, so I would be inclined to think they came from separate areas in Scotland, they are fairly common Scottish names too which means they might have come from scattered areas.

        Gordon Crooks
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 17, 2009
          I have Clark's in my family.  So far they seem to be from Fife and West Lothian.
          The earliest I have is Michael Clark born in Ireland and he married Jane Nevins (Navin) in Auchterderran, Fife, Scotland.  He died in  1890 in Bathgate, West Lothian.  Dont't know if this will help you any.

          madeline1960edin@...> wrote:

          > Hi, I have not found any connection, sorry.
          >
          > Madeline
          >
          > --- In scots-origins@yahoogroups.com <scots-origins%40yahoogroups.com>,
          > christine paton <christinelouiseuk@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > I have a Jane Bingham CLARK born 1884 Dalry, parents
          > > John CLARK and Margaret WEIR.
          > >
          > > Any connection?
          > >
          > > Christine

          > > http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/

        • Allen Clark
          Message 4 of 11 , Dec 1, 2009
            Thanks Gordon: I appreciate you help
            The Clarke Family went from Scotland to Armagh northern Ireland in the Mid
            1700's, Then they went from Armagh northern Ireland to Victoria County in
            Ontario Canada in 1833

            On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 1:04 PM, Gordon Crooks@... <
            gordoncrooks@...> wrote:

            > Allen: I can't give you a postive answer to your question, but looking at
            > your surnames they are to be found in a wide area if N. Ireland, so I would
            > be inclined to think they came from separate areas in Scotland, they are
            > fairly common Scottish names too which means they might have come from
            > scattered areas.
            >
            > Gordon Crooks

          • Mandy Fahey
            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 13, 2010
              The Clarkes in my family tree appear to have come from Enniskillen, NI. I reached a brick wall ending with a Noble Clarke. I haven't found anything so far to confirm whether they originated in Scotland or NI. The Clarkes settled in Lanarkshire, Scotland.

              Any help appreciated.

              madeline1960edin@ yahoo.co. uk> wrote:

              > Hi, I have not found any connection, sorry.
              >
              > Madeline
              >
              > --- In scots-origins@ yahoogroups. com <scots-origins% 40yahoogroups. com>,
              > christine paton <christinelouiseuk@ ...> wrote:
              > >
              > > I have a Jane Bingham CLARK born 1884 Dalry, parents
              > > John CLARK and Margaret WEIR.
              > >
              > > Any connection?
              > >
              > > Christine

              > > Do You Yahoo!?
              > > http://personal. mail.yahoo. com/

            • madeline1960edin
              Message 6 of 11 , Aug 12, 2010
                Hi Barbera
                I am sory threr is no connection with Alexander Clarke in my tree. I do hope you find some information soon,
                Best of luck with your searches.

                Madeline