Re: [scots-origins] James Livingstone, husband of Janet Cooper who married in Dunfermline

  • FRANK LIVINGSTON
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 9, 2009
      My James Livingstone b.1720 m.Jean Hamilton b.abt 1720. so there is difference./ref Kilsyth/
       Frank Livingston

      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 11, 2009
        Hello Frank,

        Many thanks for your kindness in making contact re James Livingstone. If it were only possible to see details of apprenticeship indentures of my James Livingstone. Seems to be a reasonable bet that papers referring to the apprenticeship spanned the period c. 1839 - 1849 may solve the mystery. It's almost unbelievable that I have been unable to find details of him apart from his marriage details, which are very sparse. Only other clue, the 1871 Census at Dunfermline that states that James' daughter, Janet Livingstone was a cousin of John Bewick. Again, after huge search of various connections - nothing concrete.

        Again, I gretly appreciate your response.

        Best wishes to you and yours,

        Tom.