MUNROE, Christy born about 1815

  • Warren Backhouse
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 29, 2009
      G'day List,

      My name is Warren BACKHOUSE, I am a great-great-grandson of Christy
      MUNROE who emigrated to Australia in 1838. She traveled on the Ship Lady
      Macnaghton from Cromarty arriving in Sydney on 28 Jan 1839. I believe
      that she was from Dornoch, but I have no proof, on her Immigration
      papers she stated that she was the daughter of John MUNROE and Mary
      MUNROE his wife a farmer in Parish of, and this is where I get lost,
      Losie or Lofie, I am not sure.

      Could SKP please help me.

      This is a transcript of her Immigration paper:

      S1

      Source: _Entitlement Certificates_ for Immigrants arriving on the ship
      _Lady Macnaghton_

      AO N.S.W. Ref: 4/4844 (Reel 1303)

      _Port and date of departure_: Cromarty, n.d.

      _Date of arrival _: 28 January 1839

      Male Immigrant

      Female Immigrant

      Name :

      Christy Munroe

      Brought out by :

      Govt.

      A native of :

      Dornoch-Rosshire

      Parents’ Names :

      Daughter of John Munroe a farmer in Parish of Losie & Mary Munroe, his wife

      Calling :

      Dairy and housemaid

      Age on Embarkation :

      24 years

      Person certifying Registry of Baptism :

      Character, and Person certifying the same :

      A member of Donald McDonald’s family

      State of bodily health, Strength and probable Usefulness :

      Very good

      Religion :

      Presbyterian

      Read or Write :

      Reads

      Any complaints :

      Remarks :

      No complaints

      Children between 1 and 18 years

      Male

      Female

      Name

      Age

      Person certifying Registry of Baptism

      Name

      Age

      Person certifying Registry of Baptism

      Travelling under the protection of Donald McDonolad and family.

      --
      Warm regards,

      Warren BACKHOUSE
      Canberra, Australia

      Email: backie at iinet dot com dot au

      Member of The Heraldry & Genealogy Society of Canberra

      Researching:

      Main families are: Subsidiary families are:

      England: (WRY) BACKHOUSE England: (WRY) JACKSON, WOOD
      England: (CHS) RIGBY England: (CHS) BARROW?, BIBBY
      England: (Suffolk) EVERSON England: (Suffolk) RODWELL, POTTER
      England: (Somerset) LITTLE, TAYLOR
      Scotland: MUNRO
      Ireland: (Galway) SINCLAIR Ireland: (Galway) FINN