interests in Scotland

  • Jennie
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 12, 2009
      Hi, can anyone tell me what Easter & Wester mean when it is placed before a name place? thanks, Jennie
    • John Bogie
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 14, 2009
        East and West.

        Jennie wrote:

        > Hi, can anyone tell me what Easter & Wester mean when it is placed
        > before a name place? thanks, Jennie

      • Rick Adam
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 14, 2009
          --- In scots-origins@yahoogroups.com, "Jennie" <jmrfurminger@...> wrote:

          > Hi, can anyone tell me what Easter & Wester mean when it is placed before a name place? thanks, Jennie

          The terms refer to a hamlet or village near to the named town, sort of a bedroom community as it were Easter being to the east and Wester to the west of the main town, or village.