Re: [scots-origins] Re: Taylor Sept of Clan Cameron

    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 25, 2009
      Moira wrote here:

      > --- In scots-origins@yahoogroups.com, MoiraC40@... wrote:
      >> In a message dated 19/12/2005 12:06:34 GMT Standard Time,
      >> acameron@... writes:
      >>
      >> I am not related, BUT because TAYLOR is a Sept of Clan
      >> Cameron I do quite a bit of research of your name

      Gosh Moira I was a young man in 2005 when I wrote that! But
      still interested. Bruce Taylor who was President of Clan
      Cameron NSW made sure I was properly informed. You now advised:

      >> I have James TAYLOR ( b.1852 Greenock to John Taylor
      Ship Engineer & Margaret King
      >> Lochwinnoch ) married Marion Lyle ( b. 1852 Erskine to Marion Crawford & Rbt. Lyle ) IN
      >> 1874 at 19 Wellmeadow St ..High Parish, Paisley.
      >>
      >> Marion and her 6 Taylor children travelled to USA 1890/1 ( from Ayrshire
      >> via Paisley /Glasgow probably)..
      >> and I lost James around 1910 . somewhere around New Hampshireor Lake County
      >> Indianna.where found Marion noted as widowed in that year...

      I regret that I have no info re the Indiana descendants of
      John/Margaret. However: CHECK that you already know of these
      siblings of the emigrants:

      Robert Lyle children 1851- 1853 included Elizabeth, Ann,
      Marion. Robert marr Marion Crawford 1851

      John Taylor children 1844- 1852 included John, Helen, Thomas
      King, James. John marr Mary King 1844.

      > Cheers,
      >
      > ALISTAIR M. CAMERON A.A.G.R.A.
      >
      > PO Box 215 BUNDANOON NSW 2578 AUSTRALIA
      >
      > Visit Bundanoon Village Website... http://www.bundanoon.nsw.au/
      >
      > Many a beautiful hypothesis is destroyed by an ugly
      truth (Galileo)