Adam's Track?

  • Rick Adam
    Message 1 of 1 , May 27, 2009
      Adam's Tract and the Oldtown Of Carnaveron, Alford, Aberdeenshire AB33,
      UK
      I wondered if anyone here would know about how to research a property?,
      "Adam's Track", is very near the to the Old Town of Carnaveron, about
      2.7 miles south of Alford, in Leochel-Cushnie, Aberdeenshire, Scotland.
      Located at: 47° 12' 47.00" N 2° 42' 49.09" W Oldtown Of
      Carnaveron, Alford, Aberdeenshire AB33, UK

      My ancestors seem to originate there, later leaving for London, roughly
      in about 1768.
      Alexander Adam, a shoemaker, along with his wife Christian and their
      children resettled on Bow Street in London. Christian dieing there a few
      years later, and buried in Westminster churchyard.

      When first visiting the area in 1977 and again in 2002, I did research
      at the ANESFHS offices in Aberdeen where I am a life member. During
      those visits I was working only from hunches, but now feel I have seen
      enough evidence to feel we would likely be related to Adam descendents
      still resident in the area.

      Alexander, John and Arthur as well as Thomas and William are our most
      common male christian names while Christian, Berry, Jane, Susannah,
      Mary, and Ann the female names.

      Any help would be appreciated, my normal sign-in is rmada2003, but for
      some reason my logon used a different name!

      Sincerely,
      Rick Adam