Re: [scots-origins] Betty in N.Z.

  • Trena
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 10, 2009
      From: betty
      To: scots-origins@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tuesday, March 03, 2009 6:05 PM
      Subject: [scots-origins] Betty in N.Z.

      can anyone advise me on how to go about getting ships passenger lists. I
      travelled on the Carnarvon Castle from Southampton in Sept. 1947 to South
      Africa, and then on the Arawa from South Africa to Lyttelton New Zealand in
      Feb. 1953. Any advice thankfully accepted.

      www.findmypast.com (a pay site) has the outbound passenger listings from I
      believe 1890 to 1965, so you should be able to find the Carnarvon Castle out
      of Southampton will no problem. I'm afraid I've no idea regarding outbound
      from SA.

      Toni
    • Catherine
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 11, 2009
        If NZ has a maritime museum, you may strike it lucky there.

        Catherine

      • betty
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 12, 2009
          Many thanks for all the help, I'm now able to carry on with my research with passenger lists, thanks once again, Betty

        • alison fraser
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 12, 2009
            for betty in NZ,

            Have you tried archives nz, they have an extensive collection of shipping lists, some on card index.

            Try gppg;e pm archives nz and follow prompts. through family history.

            Alma.