Re: Stewart Conner/Connor Gowrie

  • Karen Walters
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 19, 2009
      I am a Stuart/Stewart. My grandfather 5 times over had John, Steven,
      George and William Stewart. He came to West Virginia in 1809. Looking
      for his origins. His name was Joseph Stuart.

      --- In scots-origins@yahoogroups.com, "carol.vanhoose@..."
      <carol.vanhoose@...> wrote:

      > I am Carol Vanhoose and am related to the Stewart family decendant
      of King James V and have been looking for anyone to help me with the
      Stewart family.
      > Know that some Stewart's went to Australia, but have not looked
      into that branch yet.
      > Hopefully, we can find a connection.
      > Sincerely,
      > Carol Lee Pitts Vanhoose
      > Nash, Texas USA

    • Peter
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 22 12:38 AM
        Carol and Karen could you please contact us re Stewart Fa,ily Tree on
        briggspeter at hotmail dot com

        Cheers

        Pete & Beth
      • KS
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 4, 2009
          Dear Pete,
          Sorry it took so long to get back with you. What questions do you have?
          Thank you,
          Karen

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 28, 2009
            Hi Karen

            I was just wondering what connection, if any you may have with the Stewart Conner and Gowrie Families of Glasgow and Ayshire. Sorry for taking so long to reply back too you

            Kind regards

            Pete

            --- In scots-origins@yahoogroups.com, KS <scottishlady49@...> wrote:

            > Dear Pete,
            > Sorry it took so long to get back with you. What questions do you have?
            > Thank you,
            > Karen
            >

            > ________________________________

          • KS
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 4, 2009
              Pete,
              Is it Stewart Conner or Connor Stewart? I go back to George Stewart in Ireland after the Jacobites were run off.
              Thank you,
              Karen
               Remember: Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, it can achieve.

              ________________________________
              I was just wondering what connection, if any you may have with the Stewart Conner and Gowrie Families of Glasgow and Ayshire. Sorry for taking so long to reply back too you

              Kind regards

              Pete

              --- In scots-origins@ yahoogroups. com, KS <scottishlady49@ ...> wrote:

              > Dear Pete,
              > Sorry it took so long to get back with you. What questions do you have?
              > Thank you,
              > Karen
              >

              > ____________ _________ _________ __

            • Peter
              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 11, 2009
                Hi Karen

                I havent checked in here for ages hence I have only just discovered your message here and I sincerely apologise for my tardiness.

                The names are actually all separate families. We have traced one family back to John STEWART the son of John STEWART and Ann REYBURN born Kilmarnock Ayr in 1826 and Sarah CONNER who had a son James STEWART who married Elizabeth GOWRIE

                As far as we can tell Sarah Conner was the daughter of James CONNER/CONNOR and Sarah MUIR We beleive she was born about 1830 in Kilmarnock in Ayr

                WE havent come across a George Stewart as yet but its possible he was a son of one of the other children of John and Ann or John and Sarah

                If you want I can send you specific dates of the children and you could see if there is a connection with the families

                Hope this helps out

                Kind regards

                Peter