James Rowan

  • Robert J. McLeod
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 29, 2008
      While visiting the Nationl Archives in Ottawa I found a questionaire
      completed by my g-g- grandfather in 1852. It says he immigrated from
      Agrylshire in the early 1840's with his wife and five children. I also
      have a Glasgow newspaper clipping saying he was pilot on the first
      steamship in the UK in 1812, the "Comet".

      Any information on Rowans in that part of Scotland would be appreciated
      as I plan to visit that region while at the Clan MacLeod parliament in
      2010.