Re: listing names

  • iluv_vampsjean_claude
    Message 1 of 27 , Aug 1, 2008
      --- In scots-origins@yahoogroups.com, "maggiedeeth" <maggiedeeth@...>
      wrote:

      > ASnd I'm looking for McCabe (Renfrewshire but probably originally
      > from Ireland) and Murdoch (Lanarkshire, though Alexander b. 1823
      may
      > be from Renfrew)
      >

      > > > Hi
      > > > Sadly this site seems to have gone of the boil a bit and it
      > used
      > > to be such a great place for exchanging info and getting help.
      > > > I thought I might post my names again and see if we can stir
      up
      > > any interest.
      > > >
      > > > Ayrshire - Welsh, McDonald, Gavin/Govan,
      > Tinnock/Tannock/Tunnock,
      > > Howat/Hoat, McVicar
      > > > Fife - Fergus/Ferguson Lawson
      > > > Perthsire - McDonald
      > > >
      > > > Cheers
      > > > Janet
      > >
      > > Hi Janet,
      > > I've missed the information too. Good to see someone get it going
      > > again.
      > > My husband's interests:
      > > OVEREND, DOUGLAS, SOMMERVILLE, LOVE, WALLACE, CAMPBELL, WHYTE,
      > > LINDSAY, BLACK, BARR: Glasgow, Renfrew, Argyll, Lanark.
      > > Regards, Jennifer.

      I'm a Douglas and a Cambell. Both families are also related to the
      McGregors and another one I can't remember. I just posted a topic
      about some Douglas history. If you guys know any more please let me
      know. thanks!
    • William K. Kelley
      Message 2 of 27 , Aug 5, 2008
        > > > My husband's interests:
        > > > OVEREND, DOUGLAS, SOMMERVILLE, LOVE, WALLACE, CAMPBELL, WHYTE,
        > > > LINDSAY, BLACK, BARR: Glasgow, Renfrew, Argyll, Lanark.
        > > > Regards, Jennifer.

        Jennifer, I have a couple of LOVES in my tree, and my wife has 41
        listed in hers. I am also looking for the family name CLACKUM--CLACKEM
        CLACKHAM-.I understand that they were part of the forced migration in
        the mid 1600's from Scotland to the East.The only document I have is
        one of my Greatfathers arrivals at the port of New York in 1845 from
        Prussia.Can anyone confirm the name as Scottish? Several towns in
        Scotland begin with the Name CLACK. Ken
      • angusaglass
        Message 3 of 27 , Nov 13, 2009
          Hi, my mane is Angus and have an intrest in Beatties in Scotland

          My oldest relative was William Beattie who died Benholm 1853
          and his wife Isobel Kennedy who dies Brawliemuir, Benholm near Montrose in 185 May.

          My GGreatgrandmother Isabella Watt (married to Robert Beattie)
          died at 80 Baltic Street Montrose in 1945.

        • Liliardsedge@aol.com
          Message 4 of 27 , Mar 4, 2011

            --- In _scots-origins@scots-originsco_
            (mailto:scots-origins@yahoogroups.com) , Sharon Bias <cosmoswonderful@cos> wrote:

            > Mine our Keen, and Colson if there is anyone out there with these names.
            >
            > Gayle <gayleannherron@gay> wrote:
            > Hi, just was going over my emails for the first time in weeks and saw
            > these emails discussing the how domant the site has gotten and now that
            > some are trying to get it going again I will also include my names. If
            > anyone knows anything about them please do not hesitate to email me at
            > gayleannherron@ gayleannherron@<WBR>... or via this site. I
            > as time permits and if I see anything I might have that helps will send
            > it. Unfortunately, my information tends to all be rather recent (past
            > 100-150 years) as my lines tended to want to not be traced back then,
            > and now it is a challenge at best and hopeless typically. Most of my
            > help would be of the more recent Americanize stuff.
            >
            > Names: Colvin, Lemley, Anderson, Phillips (son's), Herron (spouse), and
            > McQueen (spouse).
            >
            > Thanks
            > Gayle
            >
            > kay cooper wrote:
            > >
            > > I will give my names too Beattie, Fairweather Wilkes all from the
            > > Montrose area.
            > >
            > > Dont talk to me about spam, it awful.
            > >
            > > Kay

            > Sharon Bias, M.A.

          • Trena Heater
            Message 5 of 27 , Mar 10, 2011
              . >If anyone knows anything about them please do not hesitate to email me
              at
              > gayleannherron@ gayleannherron@<WBR>... or via this site.

              If everyone took discussions of their family research off-list, two things
              will happen.

              1) less traffic on list ... list becomes dormant

              2) others searching the list archives will not find any posts with all the
              details of
              your ancestors, nor from the people with whom you are trading info.

              People outwith Scotland should realise as well, some surnames are rather
              common
              within Scotland. For instance: ANDERSON ~ I have 3 separate ANDERSON
              lines
              in Scotland. 2 on my Mum's maternal side, 1 on her paternal. You have to
              tell us where
              in Scotland. My 2 ANDERSON lines are Shetland (I'm an Eagle Bairn via 1 of
              those
              lines), the paternal line is Banffshire, around Marnoch.

              Toni
            • Gordon Crooks
              Message 6 of 27 , Mar 12, 2011
                Angus and others: I have a Beatty in my line in the 1840's, she came from a long line of Martha's, her mother was a Martha Beatty too. They came from Ahoghill, Glagorm Parish, Antrim, N. I. around 1737. and I believe in a group along with My Crooks, Mooreheads and Dunwoodies. The Beattys were also related to the Campbells and Gordon's here..

                Gordon Crooks
                Hi, my mane is Angus and have an intrest in Beatties in Scotland

                My oldest relative was William Beattie who died Benholm 1853
                and his wife Isobel Kennedy who dies Brawliemuir, Benholm near Montrose in
                185 May.

                My GGreatgrandmother Isabella Watt (married to Robert Beattie)
                died at 80 Baltic Street Montrose in 1945.

                --- In _scots-origins@scots-originsco_
                (mailto:scots-origins@yahoogroups.com) , Sharon Bias <cosmoswonderful@cos> wrote:

                > Mine our Keen, and Colson if there is anyone out there with these names.
                >
                > Gayle <gayleannherron@gay> wrote:
                > Hi, just was going over my emails for the first time in weeks and saw
                > these emails discussing the how domant the site has gotten and now that
                > some are trying to get it going again I will also include my names. If
                > anyone knows anything about them please do not hesitate to email me at
                > gayleannherron@ gayleannherron@<WBR>... or via this site. I
                > as time permits and if I see anything I might have that helps will send
                > it. Unfortunately, my information tends to all be rather recent (past
                > 100-150 years) as my lines tended to want to not be traced back then,
                > and now it is a challenge at best and hopeless typically. Most of my
                > help would be of the more recent Americanize stuff.
                >
                > Names: Colvin, Lemley, Anderson, Phillips (son's), Herron (spouse), and
                > McQueen (spouse).
                >
                > Thanks
                > Gayle
                >
                > kay cooper wrote:
                > >
                > > I will give my names too Beattie, Fairweather Wilkes all from the
                > > Montrose area.
                > >
                > > Dont talk to me about spam, it awful.
                > >
                > > Kay

                > Sharon Bias, M.A.

              • James A. McIntosh
                Message 7 of 27 , Mar 12, 2011
                  Greetings Gayle <gayleannherron@gay>

                  I saw your email below about the different lines you are
                  researching. I have done some research on the Herron (previously Herring)
                  line and would like to share my research with you. One of my direct-line
                  ancestors was Elizabeth Christy born in 1810 in the Missouri Territory,
                  United States. Elizabeth married Henry Herring (Herron) on Christmas Day
                  1828 in Rock Creek, Bartholomew, Indiana, United States. Henry was born in
                  1805 in Bartholomew County.

                  He and Elizabeth had one child Reuben "Robin" Herring (Herron) who
                  was born on 14 January 1830 in Bartholomew County. Reuben married Jane S.
                  Rogers on 17 Sep 1848 In Bartholomew County. Jane was born in Tennessee on
                  26 Sep 1829. Reuben and Jane had three children 1) Elizabeth Herring
                  (Herron) born on 1 Aug 1849 in Bartholomew County, 2) William Henry Herring
                  (Herron) born on 20 Aug 1851 in Bartholomew, and 3) Isaac Herring (Herron)
                  born in Bartholomew County on 29 Apr 1853.

                  In your message below, you said, "I as time permits and if I see
                  anything I might have that helps will send it." I have several other names,
                  both Descendants and Ancestors of those I have identified in my post above.
                  I would appreciate it if you could send me some of the Herron (Herring)
                  names/lines you have in your database and I will be happy to compare them
                  with the names in my records and let you know if there are any connections.

                  You could direct your reply to this users group or you could email
                  me directly at <mailto:jamerm@...> jamerm@....

                  Your friend, Jim McIntosh

                  Please have a great day with your best friend - our Lord and Savior Jesus
                  Christ!

                  Hi, my mane is Angus and have an intrest in Beatties in Scotland

                  My oldest relative was William Beattie who died Benholm 1853
                  and his wife Isobel Kennedy who dies Brawliemuir, Benholm near Montrose in
                  185 May.

                  My GGreatgrandmother Isabella Watt (married to Robert Beattie)
                  died at 80 Baltic Street Montrose in 1945.

                  --- In _scots-origins@scots-originsco_
                  (mailto:scots-origins@yahoogroups.com
                  <mailto:scots-origins%40yahoogroups.com> ) , Sharon Bias

                • TBsMOM222@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 27 , Mar 15, 2011
                    Still looking for a Peter Lyle Campbell, born to a William Campbell, but
                    that's all I have.
                    Marianne Campbell Shannon

                  • silkpuffin
                    Message 9 of 27 , Sep 8, 2013

                      Many McQueen's came from the North East of Scotland, and settled in Edinburgh/Leith area, because of the sailing Port. McQueens were sailors, and can be found in Peterhead, Leith and Portsmouth.

                      --- In scots-origins@yahoogroups.com, <scots-origins@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                      The MacQueen/McQueen/MacSween family are indeed from the Modloathian
                      area and are a sept of Clan Mackintosh and therefore also Clan
                      Chattan. This confederation held lands in and around Inverneshire and
                      Moray. I just revised a site that I set up several years ago about
                      these families and there are several mentions of the MacQueens in the
                      text. You can also find info on the Clan Chattan page of the site.
                      This site should be helpful to anyone searching for the following
                      names.

                      MacKintosh, MacPhearson, Davidson, MacGillivray, MacThomas,
                      MacCombie, Farquharson, MacQueen, Shaw, MacBean, MacIntyre, MacPhail,
                      MacLean and all the associated septs.

                      The information begins in the 1150's and continues, at least for the
                      Mackintosh/Chattan connection, through the present.

                      CLAN MACQUEEN aka Clann Shuibhne or Clann Revan

                      The Macqueens of Clan Chattan are a small branch of an ancient Skye
                      Clan. They became members in the 15th century after the marriage of
                      Mora Macdonald of Moidart with Calum Beg Mackintosh, 10th of
                      Mackintosh.

                      Revan, also known as Roderic mac Milmor vic Swen, who was in the
                      wedding party, settled in Corrybrough in Strathdearn and the Clan
                      took his name. Macqueen of Pollochaig is reputed to have killed the
                      last wolf in Scotland in 1743.

                      Septs of MacQueen: MacCunn, MacSwan, MacSween, MacSwen, MacSwyde and
                      Swan.

                      to visit the site goto : a2fister2000.tripod.com