Re: Herkes family

  • c.t.houston@xtra.co.nz
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 31, 2008
      Did you find out anything?
      my partner Thomas Houston who now lives in NZ is looking for an old
      friend called David Herkes born around 1955.
      do you have any information??

      --- In scots-origins@yahoogroups.com, Alistair Cameron <acameron@...>
      wrote:

      > Donald_herkes wrote:
      >
      > > My name is Donald Grant Herkes and I am a South African.My dad,late
      > > Ian Scott Herkes, came from Edinburgh to South Africa some 30 years
      > > ago. ................................... I only know that my dad
      had a brother named David
      > > Herkes and his parents names were David Dentt(?) Herkes and Barbara
      > > Herkes.
      >
      > You are sufficiently informed to prove their ancestries. Go for it!!
      >

      > > Barbara Herkes's address at the time of death in 1983 is 3
      > > Glenfinlas Street, Edinburg.
      >
      > An old address, it was occupied before 1881 Census:
      > Dwelling: 3 Glenfinlas Street
      > Census Place: Edinburgh St Cuthberts, Edinburgh, Scotland
      > Source: FHL Film 0223991 GRO Ref Volume 685-1 EnumDist 55
      Page 5

      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 31, 2008
        c.t.houston@... wrote re

        .............old
        > friend called David Herkes born around 1955.
        > do you have any information??

        Sorry, no. There is a 1969 mention in Sydney Morning Herald
        of a David Herskovics. A very long shot!

        > Cheers,
        >
        > ALISTAIR M. CAMERON
        >
        > PO Box 215 BUNDANOON NSW 2578 AUSTRALIA
        >
        > Visit Bundanoon Village Website... http://www.bundanoon.nsw.au/
        >
        > Does anybody here remember Vera Lynn?
      • ann
        Message 3 of 5 , May 24, 2013
          Hi my brother is David herkes born 1956 lived in ratho village is this who you are looking for? Ann Herkes