Re: [scots-origins] ROBERTSON????CHRISTIAN NAME OF FATHER OF EDWARD B/1821.

  • Catherine
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 1, 2008
      Could it be Jas (short for James) or Ian? Or Jno as a John ancestor was called in my family.
      Catherine
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 1, 2008
        Hi,

        Common contractions used in Scottish documents are Jas (short for James), Jos (short for Joseph) and Jno (short for John). I hope this helps.

        Ken Mathieson

        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 1, 2008
          --- In scots-origins@yahoogroups.com, "jae" <jaejay@...> wrote:

          > I have a solid! Brick wall. And boy is it high !!!
          > I have a death Cert of my Gt.gt.gt.Grandfather Edward Robertson
          B/1821
          > South Leith.....

          Hello

          Could this be your chap:

          MARGARET MOIR
          married
          PETER ROBERTSON
          on 28 FEB 1813 Dunblane, Perth
        • canadaeast_98
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 2, 2008
            Hi I am sorry to intervene but I noted that your may have access to
            Scotland People. What I am seeking is a little lead before I subscribe
            to the site.

            I am seeking a census detail or any info on a Charles Robertson born in
            Aberdeen we believe in 1883 or there abouts. We do not have his
            parents but supposidly he came from a large family of 10 -12 children.
            His father may have been a military guy.
            Two of his brothers were Peter and Alexander who we believe were twins.

            Charles emigrated to Canada in the early 1900s and married here but he
            falsified the details on the certificate thereby we could not find the
            parents name.

            Any help you could provide would be apprecayed. All I need is some
            confirmation of family and I will register to Scotland People

            Thanks