Roderick Gillies Portree Inverness

  • holopainens
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2008
      Hello All,

      Im looking for anyone related to.... or researching the Gillies
      family from Scotland to Australia (Victoria).

      I have Roderick Gillies on the 1841 census with wife Christian
      (Christina McKenzie) & children Ann (15) Donald (15) John (13)
      Murdoch (9) Catherine (6) & Donald (3).

      Roderick was born abt 1800 Inverness, Civil Parish Portree, Address
      Hallaig & occupation was Ag Lab.

      The family migrated to Australia in 1852 & settled around Woodend in
      Victoria.
      Roderick & Christina are both buried in the Woodend Cemetery.

      On his death certificate he has Donald Gillies (farmer)& Mary
      McKenzie as his parents.

      Any information on these two would be wonderful as Ive hit a brick
      wall.

      Thanks very much.