Re: [scots-origins] listing names

  • canadaeast_98@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 27 , Nov 30, 2007
      I could not help but see your kind invitation and was
      wondering if you could do a little research for my
      wife's family.
      Her great grandparents were
      Georges Drouhin
      Rosanna Vincent
      In 1910 they were in Marlborough NY but before that
      they are believed to have been in the Beauce, Quebec
      region. After 1910 about 1915 it is believed they
      returned to Canada possible Quebec City.

      Is it possible to find out any info on this couple
      Marriage cert, etc.

      Thanks for your consideration of this request.
      Richard

    • a2fister2000
      Message 2 of 27 , Nov 30, 2007
        The MacQueen/McQueen/MacSween family are indeed from the Modloathian
        area and are a sept of Clan Mackintosh and therefore also Clan
        Chattan. This confederation held lands in and around Inverneshire and
        Moray. I just revised a site that I set up several years ago about
        these families and there are several mentions of the MacQueens in the
        text. You can also find info on the Clan Chattan page of the site.
        This site should be helpful to anyone searching for the following
        names.

        MacKintosh, MacPhearson, Davidson, MacGillivray, MacThomas,
        MacCombie, Farquharson, MacQueen, Shaw, MacBean, MacIntyre, MacPhail,
        MacLean and all the associated septs.

        The information begins in the 1150's and continues, at least for the
        Mackintosh/Chattan connection, through the present.

        CLAN MACQUEEN aka Clann Shuibhne or Clann Revan

        The Macqueens of Clan Chattan are a small branch of an ancient Skye
        Clan. They became members in the 15th century after the marriage of
        Mora Macdonald of Moidart with Calum Beg Mackintosh, 10th of
        Mackintosh.

        Revan, also known as Roderic mac Milmor vic Swen, who was in the
        wedding party, settled in Corrybrough in Strathdearn and the Clan
        took his name. Macqueen of Pollochaig is reputed to have killed the
        last wolf in Scotland in 1743.

        Septs of MacQueen: MacCunn, MacSwan, MacSween, MacSwen, MacSwyde and
        Swan.

        to visit the site goto : a2fister2000.tripod.com
      • Bill McCorquodale
        Message 3 of 27 , Dec 1, 2007
          Enjoyed your email.
          My family is McCorquodale. I believe that they came to North Carolina about 1791. Any info on how and where from they departed Scotland would be great info for me. I appeards that there might have been more than one family. There were two Daniels, John and Christian.

          Message 4 of 27 , Dec 2, 2007
            Oh,I would be most grateful.It is so nice to have a reply to my post.
            I await in anticipation!!!!
            Many thanks
            Adele
            I work in the Quebec Family History Center as a volunteer and would be happy to do some research for you next week when I am the duty librarian. Terry Delany
            Hi Janet I too do not know what is happening to this
            site. It use to be okay. Maybe too much spam but even
            so I always found it interesting.
            I too will post my names just in case: I have a lot of
            info now on my family but always looking for more:

            Paternal MASTERTON from Culross then Bathgate area
            circa 1750 and early 1800 to Canada respectfully.

            Grandmother of paternal side was John Law Miller from
            Scotland to Canada circa late 1700's or eary 1800's

            Step Father. His ancestry is through a family called

            Peter Robertson and his wife Jannet from the Aberdeen
            area circa mid 1800's I am seeking any info on this
            family

            Regards

            --- Janet Welsh <Janetwelsh@...> wrote:

            > Hi
            > Sadly this site seems to have gone of the boil a
            > bit and it used to be such a great place for
            > exchanging info and getting help.
            > I thought I might post my names again and see if
            > we can stir up any interest.
            >
            > Ayrshire - Welsh, McDonald, Gavin/Govan,
            > Tinnock/Tannock/Tunnock, Howat/Hoat, McVicar
            > Fife - Fergus/Ferguson Lawson
            > Perthsire - McDonald
            >
            > Cheers
            > Janet

            > removed]

          • tutu
            Message 5 of 27 , Dec 2, 2007
              Hello, to you.....
              Thanks for all the addresses.I will have a go at looking through some of them.You never know.
              You are kind.
              Adele
              Message 6 of 27 , Aug 1, 2008
                --- In scots-origins@yahoogroups.com, "maggiedeeth" <maggiedeeth@...>
                wrote:

                > ASnd I'm looking for McCabe (Renfrewshire but probably originally
                > from Ireland) and Murdoch (Lanarkshire, though Alexander b. 1823
                may
                > be from Renfrew)
                >

                > > > Hi
                > > > Sadly this site seems to have gone of the boil a bit and it
                > used
                > > to be such a great place for exchanging info and getting help.
                > > > I thought I might post my names again and see if we can stir
                up
                > > any interest.
                > > >
                > > > Ayrshire - Welsh, McDonald, Gavin/Govan,
                > Tinnock/Tannock/Tunnock,
                > > Howat/Hoat, McVicar
                > > > Fife - Fergus/Ferguson Lawson
                > > > Perthsire - McDonald
                > > >
                > > > Cheers
                > > > Janet
                > >
                > > Hi Janet,
                > > I've missed the information too. Good to see someone get it going
                > > again.
                > > My husband's interests:
                > > OVEREND, DOUGLAS, SOMMERVILLE, LOVE, WALLACE, CAMPBELL, WHYTE,
                > > LINDSAY, BLACK, BARR: Glasgow, Renfrew, Argyll, Lanark.
                > > Regards, Jennifer.

                I'm a Douglas and a Cambell. Both families are also related to the
                McGregors and another one I can't remember. I just posted a topic
                about some Douglas history. If you guys know any more please let me
                know. thanks!
              • William K. Kelley
                Message 7 of 27 , Aug 5, 2008
                  > > > My husband's interests:
                  > > > OVEREND, DOUGLAS, SOMMERVILLE, LOVE, WALLACE, CAMPBELL, WHYTE,
                  > > > LINDSAY, BLACK, BARR: Glasgow, Renfrew, Argyll, Lanark.
                  > > > Regards, Jennifer.

                  Jennifer, I have a couple of LOVES in my tree, and my wife has 41
                  listed in hers. I am also looking for the family name CLACKUM--CLACKEM
                  CLACKHAM-.I understand that they were part of the forced migration in
                  the mid 1600's from Scotland to the East.The only document I have is
                  one of my Greatfathers arrivals at the port of New York in 1845 from
                  Prussia.Can anyone confirm the name as Scottish? Several towns in
                  Scotland begin with the Name CLACK. Ken
                • angusaglass
                  Message 8 of 27 , Nov 13, 2009
                    Hi, my mane is Angus and have an intrest in Beatties in Scotland

                    My oldest relative was William Beattie who died Benholm 1853
                    and his wife Isobel Kennedy who dies Brawliemuir, Benholm near Montrose in 185 May.

                    My GGreatgrandmother Isabella Watt (married to Robert Beattie)
                    died at 80 Baltic Street Montrose in 1945.

                  • Liliardsedge@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 27 , Mar 4, 2011

                      --- In _scots-origins@scots-originsco_
                      (mailto:scots-origins@yahoogroups.com) , Sharon Bias <cosmoswonderful@cos> wrote:

                      > Mine our Keen, and Colson if there is anyone out there with these names.
                      >
                      > Gayle <gayleannherron@gay> wrote:
                      > Hi, just was going over my emails for the first time in weeks and saw
                      > these emails discussing the how domant the site has gotten and now that
                      > some are trying to get it going again I will also include my names. If
                      > anyone knows anything about them please do not hesitate to email me at
                      > gayleannherron@ gayleannherron@<WBR>... or via this site. I
                      > as time permits and if I see anything I might have that helps will send
                      > it. Unfortunately, my information tends to all be rather recent (past
                      > 100-150 years) as my lines tended to want to not be traced back then,
                      > and now it is a challenge at best and hopeless typically. Most of my
                      > help would be of the more recent Americanize stuff.
                      >
                      > Names: Colvin, Lemley, Anderson, Phillips (son's), Herron (spouse), and
                      > McQueen (spouse).
                      >
                      > Thanks
                      > Gayle
                      >
                      > kay cooper wrote:
                      > >
                      > > I will give my names too Beattie, Fairweather Wilkes all from the
                      > > Montrose area.
                      > >
                      > > Dont talk to me about spam, it awful.
                      > >
                      > > Kay

                      > Sharon Bias, M.A.

                    • Trena Heater
                      Message 10 of 27 , Mar 10, 2011
                        . >If anyone knows anything about them please do not hesitate to email me
                        at
                        > gayleannherron@ gayleannherron@<WBR>... or via this site.

                        If everyone took discussions of their family research off-list, two things
                        will happen.

                        1) less traffic on list ... list becomes dormant

                        2) others searching the list archives will not find any posts with all the
                        details of
                        your ancestors, nor from the people with whom you are trading info.

                        People outwith Scotland should realise as well, some surnames are rather
                        common
                        within Scotland. For instance: ANDERSON ~ I have 3 separate ANDERSON
                        lines
                        in Scotland. 2 on my Mum's maternal side, 1 on her paternal. You have to
                        tell us where
                        in Scotland. My 2 ANDERSON lines are Shetland (I'm an Eagle Bairn via 1 of
                        those
                        lines), the paternal line is Banffshire, around Marnoch.

                        Toni
                      • Gordon Crooks
                        Message 11 of 27 , Mar 12, 2011
                          Angus and others: I have a Beatty in my line in the 1840's, she came from a long line of Martha's, her mother was a Martha Beatty too. They came from Ahoghill, Glagorm Parish, Antrim, N. I. around 1737. and I believe in a group along with My Crooks, Mooreheads and Dunwoodies. The Beattys were also related to the Campbells and Gordon's here..

                          Gordon Crooks
                          Hi, my mane is Angus and have an intrest in Beatties in Scotland

                          My oldest relative was William Beattie who died Benholm 1853
                          and his wife Isobel Kennedy who dies Brawliemuir, Benholm near Montrose in
                          185 May.

                          My GGreatgrandmother Isabella Watt (married to Robert Beattie)
                          died at 80 Baltic Street Montrose in 1945.

                          --- In _scots-origins@scots-originsco_
                          (mailto:scots-origins@yahoogroups.com) , Sharon Bias <cosmoswonderful@cos> wrote:

                          > Mine our Keen, and Colson if there is anyone out there with these names.
                          >
                          > Gayle <gayleannherron@gay> wrote:
                          > Hi, just was going over my emails for the first time in weeks and saw
                          > these emails discussing the how domant the site has gotten and now that
                          > some are trying to get it going again I will also include my names. If
                          > anyone knows anything about them please do not hesitate to email me at
                          > gayleannherron@ gayleannherron@<WBR>... or via this site. I
                          > as time permits and if I see anything I might have that helps will send
                          > it. Unfortunately, my information tends to all be rather recent (past
                          > 100-150 years) as my lines tended to want to not be traced back then,
                          > and now it is a challenge at best and hopeless typically. Most of my
                          > help would be of the more recent Americanize stuff.
                          >
                          > Names: Colvin, Lemley, Anderson, Phillips (son's), Herron (spouse), and
                          > McQueen (spouse).
                          >
                          > Thanks
                          > Gayle
                          >
                          > kay cooper wrote:
                          > >
                          > > I will give my names too Beattie, Fairweather Wilkes all from the
                          > > Montrose area.
                          > >
                          > > Dont talk to me about spam, it awful.
                          > >
                          > > Kay

                          > Sharon Bias, M.A.

                        • James A. McIntosh
                          Message 12 of 27 , Mar 12, 2011
                            Greetings Gayle <gayleannherron@gay>

                            I saw your email below about the different lines you are
                            researching. I have done some research on the Herron (previously Herring)
                            line and would like to share my research with you. One of my direct-line
                            ancestors was Elizabeth Christy born in 1810 in the Missouri Territory,
                            United States. Elizabeth married Henry Herring (Herron) on Christmas Day
                            1828 in Rock Creek, Bartholomew, Indiana, United States. Henry was born in
                            1805 in Bartholomew County.

                            He and Elizabeth had one child Reuben "Robin" Herring (Herron) who
                            was born on 14 January 1830 in Bartholomew County. Reuben married Jane S.
                            Rogers on 17 Sep 1848 In Bartholomew County. Jane was born in Tennessee on
                            26 Sep 1829. Reuben and Jane had three children 1) Elizabeth Herring
                            (Herron) born on 1 Aug 1849 in Bartholomew County, 2) William Henry Herring
                            (Herron) born on 20 Aug 1851 in Bartholomew, and 3) Isaac Herring (Herron)
                            born in Bartholomew County on 29 Apr 1853.

                            In your message below, you said, "I as time permits and if I see
                            anything I might have that helps will send it." I have several other names,
                            both Descendants and Ancestors of those I have identified in my post above.
                            I would appreciate it if you could send me some of the Herron (Herring)
                            names/lines you have in your database and I will be happy to compare them
                            with the names in my records and let you know if there are any connections.

                            You could direct your reply to this users group or you could email
                            me directly at <mailto:jamerm@...> jamerm@....

                            Your friend, Jim McIntosh

                            Please have a great day with your best friend - our Lord and Savior Jesus
                            Christ!

                            Hi, my mane is Angus and have an intrest in Beatties in Scotland

                            My oldest relative was William Beattie who died Benholm 1853
                            and his wife Isobel Kennedy who dies Brawliemuir, Benholm near Montrose in
                            185 May.

                            My GGreatgrandmother Isabella Watt (married to Robert Beattie)
                            died at 80 Baltic Street Montrose in 1945.

                            --- In _scots-origins@scots-originsco_
                            (mailto:scots-origins@yahoogroups.com
                            <mailto:scots-origins%40yahoogroups.com> ) , Sharon Bias

                          • TBsMOM222@aol.com
                            Message 13 of 27 , Mar 15, 2011
                              Still looking for a Peter Lyle Campbell, born to a William Campbell, but
                              that's all I have.
                              Marianne Campbell Shannon

                            • silkpuffin