Re: [scots-origins]Chalmers in Dunferline 1891

  • Trena
    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 22, 2007
      From: Gavin Cairns
      To: scots-origins@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wednesday, November 21, 2007 2:52 PM
      Subject: Re: [scots-origins]Chalmers in Dunferline 1891

      I would guess Mary Chalmers was the daughter of
      a serviceman.
      ******snipped*****

      Royal Navy, in all likihood, as they had a base there until the latter part
      of the 20th C. (1980s?)

      Toni
    • Trena
      Message 2 of 15 , Nov 22, 2007
        #1 - Vol. 129?8 (3rd # unclear, but looking at others, I would guess a 9)
        Page # 12;
        Father's reg't - 71st (Nothing more)

        #2 - Vol. 1121 Page #57
        Father's reg't - 81st (Nothing more)

        There was another in the Army Returns, but the birth was between 1850 /
        1859, and surname was JOHNSTON (without the 'e')

        Hope this helps you.

        Toni ~ Ontario