Re: Help needed

  • Jean Pendexter
    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 21, 2007
      If Robert Chalmers and Mary married in Scotland after 1855 you'll find
      parents names on their MC. If this doesn't work next best would be to
      look for the death of Mary in Scotland before 1957. A DC should also
      give you parents names. You probably are aware that statutory records
      are available to purchase and view on line at
      www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk for a small fee. If Mary lived beyond 1956
      then her DC won't be available online due to privacy closure statutes.
      Hope this helps!

      Best wishes
      Jean

      --- In scots-origins@yahoogroups.com, "betty" <betty-dee@...> wrote:

      > Its a while since I have needed help, but once again I'm stuck!!
      > I have a name in the 1891 census for North Queensferry, and I think
      it may be a relative. The name Robert Chalmers born in Dunfermline is
      listed as head, but his wife Mary Chalmers is listed as being born in
      Gibralter, and has in brackets British subject.
      > How can I find her maiden name and that of her parents?? I just need
      steering in the right direction so any help is much appreciated, many
      thanks, Betty

    • Trena
      Message 2 of 15 , Nov 22, 2007
        Message 3 of 15 , Nov 22, 2007
          #1 - Vol. 129?8 (3rd # unclear, but looking at others, I would guess a 9)
          Page # 12;
          Father's reg't - 71st (Nothing more)

          #2 - Vol. 1121 Page #57
          Father's reg't - 81st (Nothing more)

          There was another in the Army Returns, but the birth was between 1850 /
          1859, and surname was JOHNSTON (without the 'e')

          Hope this helps you.

          Toni ~ Ontario