Re: Help needed

  • Jean Pendexter
    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 21 7:01 AM
      If Robert Chalmers and Mary married in Scotland after 1855 you'll find
      parents names on their MC. If this doesn't work next best would be to
      look for the death of Mary in Scotland before 1957. A DC should also
      give you parents names. You probably are aware that statutory records
      are available to purchase and view on line at
      www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk for a small fee. If Mary lived beyond 1956
      then her DC won't be available online due to privacy closure statutes.
      Hope this helps!

      Best wishes
      Jean

      --- In scots-origins@yahoogroups.com, "betty" <betty-dee@...> wrote:

      > Its a while since I have needed help, but once again I'm stuck!!
      > I have a name in the 1891 census for North Queensferry, and I think
      it may be a relative. The name Robert Chalmers born in Dunfermline is
      listed as head, but his wife Mary Chalmers is listed as being born in
      Gibralter, and has in brackets British subject.
      > How can I find her maiden name and that of her parents?? I just need
      steering in the right direction so any help is much appreciated, many
      thanks, Betty

    • Janet Welsh
      Message 2 of 15 , Nov 21 7:52 AM
        Hello Betty
        I think I may have found Mary Chalmers for you - I have had a look on the Scotlands people site and found what i believe is Robert Chalmers marriage to a Mary. Everything seems to match up with the info on the census reports ie. ages and Roberts occupation and North Queensferry area. I had some unused credits on the site so downloaded the marriage registration. would you like me to send it to you direct to your email address?
        If it is the right person it gives you her maiden name, and her parents names including her mothers maiden name
        Regards
        Janet

        betty <betty-dee@...> wrote:
        Its a while since I have needed help, but once again I'm stuck!!
        I have a name in the 1891 census for North Queensferry, and I think it may be a relative. The name Robert Chalmers born in Dunfermline is listed as head, but his wife Mary Chalmers is listed as being born in Gibralter, and has in brackets British subject.
        How can I find her maiden name and that of her parents?? I just need steering in the right direction so any help is much appreciated, many thanks, Betty

      • Trena
        Message 3 of 15 , Nov 22 10:18 AM
          Message 4 of 15 , Nov 22 11:10 AM
            #1 - Vol. 129?8 (3rd # unclear, but looking at others, I would guess a 9)
            Page # 12;
            Father's reg't - 71st (Nothing more)

            #2 - Vol. 1121 Page #57
            Father's reg't - 81st (Nothing more)

            There was another in the Army Returns, but the birth was between 1850 /
            1859, and surname was JOHNSTON (without the 'e')

            Hope this helps you.

            Toni ~ Ontario