Re: [scots-origins] Scottish Ancestory

  • ScotHeritage@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1, 2007
      When doing family research please remember there is a difference between
      Inverness and Inverness Shire. My Granny, Mother's mother, was a MacIntosh from
      Inverness, originally from Avimore area. Also Ross Shire is next to Inverness
      and many of the wee villages and towns are in fact in Ross and not
      Inverness. For instance the Black Isle, is/was a part of Ross & Cromerty. Nairn is in
      another county, and all three are only 20 or so miles apart. Avimore,
      Newtonmore, Kingussie etc., is about 2 hours up the Perth Road, and Inverness also
      includes Skye.

      The library beside the New Bridge, (not all that new) will be of great help.
      I would suggest if going over you get a ScotRail unlimited ticket so you can
      bomb around all over via public transport. The Highland roads can fog in
      rather quickly, the rain can cause a few problems, and there are few if any dual
      carriageways. (Interstate/2 lane highways.) Remember everywhere is
      Scotland, especially the Highlands is either up or down hill. Wear good and
      comfortable shoes.
      Dave

      In a message dated 7/31/2007 11:03:39 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
      jamerm@... writes:

      Greetings Ros:

      Please let us know EVERYTHING you have on your Mackintosh line. If you
      have any genealogy records showing your Mackintosh ancestors or descendants
      in any age grouping, please send us that. We have done a lot of researching
      our McIntosh origins in Culpeper County, Virginia, and believe our next step
      will be in Scotland. We also have some McIntoshes who were born in
      Inverness.

      Here are some numbers you can use to contact us in regards to your
      McIntosh progenitors. James A. McIntosh, Earlene who is my wife for more
      than fifty years; 2038 Royal Circle, Salt Lake City, Utah 84108-2231; (801)
      581-1087 or (801) 583-0025; Fax = (801) 583-3464; and our email address is
      <mailto:_jamerm@..._ (mailto:jamerm@...) >
      _jamerm@..._ (mailto:jamerm@...) .

      Your friends, Jim & Earlene McIntosh