RE: [scots-origins] Re: Hugh Doherty of Buncrana, Donegal to Govan, Scotland

  • Kristina Cameron
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 29, 2006
      Hello Edie

      I have a John Docherty born abt 1810 married to Elizabeth Rae born abt 1813
      Ireland (no marriage details) parents James Rae and Letita Dodd.
      Elizabeth’s 1st marriage to James Rae and they had a daughter Jane Rae abt
      1836 and she married abt 1860 to William Broadley born Loughnan, Ireland.
      William Broadley and Jane Rae had 7 children.

      I don’t have any details about John Docherty but they lived in Ayrshire.
      This family also lived in Govan.

      Elizabeth Docherty m.s Rae died 12 October 1885 at Kyle Union Poorhouse in
      Ayrshire as a widow

      Hope this is of some help to you.

      Kristina Cameron